The GW Home and School Association will embark on an aggressive and exciting campaign this year! Our goal is to prepare our children for the extraordinary changes evolving in education. By providing them with six new enhanced learning science labs and equipment, math tools and other exciting hands-on educational material, our children will be prepared to participate in the nationwide developments in STEM education.
What is STEM and Why is it Important?
STEM stands for Science, Technology, Engineering and Math education. The focus on these areas together
is critical because the skills and knowledge in each discipline are essential for our kids’ success; they simply need greater scientific and technological literacy than they did before to function in today’s society and economy.
STEM is an interdisciplinary and applied approach that is coupled with hands-on, problem-based learning.
Some of the education tools GW HSA hopes to provide are:
GOAL – $175,000 IN THREE YEARS
- Six enhanced science classrooms with new lab tables for more effective hands-on learning
- One 3D printer to help kids conceptualize and visualize designs through the stages of development from sketch to final product
- Licenses for graphing calculator emulators for use as demonstration tools for math and science concepts
- 30-60 new video microscopes to allow images to be projected on a screen for all to see and discuss
- Six new physical science models
While it is a three year campaign, funds raised each year will be immediately applied in the year received to benefit our existing GW students. We have already purchased a 3D printer which will be included in the 8th grade science curriculum as early as March!
HOW MUCH SHOULD I GIVE?
Please be part of GWís future with your donation today!
HOW DO I DONATE?
- $75 donation will purchase a graphing calculator software license
- $100 donation will purchase a microscope
- $500 donation will purchase a physical science model
- $3000 donation will purchase one lab table.
Donate online with Pay Pal using the following button.
: Please contact Christine Clay at email@example.com
Copy of the GW HSA 501(c)(3) for employer matching.